Monday, September 1, 2008

When You Just Need Some Exercise

Ya'll know the way a cat will fight and kick and bite and scratch to keep all their special dirt from washing down the drain. Keep that visual. This is the way my queen B cat acts when getting meds. Now I know from experience that downing pills and having cold liquid put in your ears is not a very pleasant thing to have happen, but after numerous bouts of differing sickness, you would think that a cat, they are very intelligent ya know, would know that when you are coming with that little bottle of liquid, that they would realize it was something that would take away the pain and irritation from an ear ache.

Not so with my Tinker! Oh no. She insists that I must be the mama from hades, that the wounds from our last encounter must have healed and that I need to be reminded that her claws are never, ever dull. That I pour the cold fluid in her ear just for the fun of adding new scars to my arms and hands and that a little blood loss would do me some good.

Cats actually have 8 legs. I know in college they teach that they only have four, but obviously the author of those books never gave a pill to a cat. You see, they keep the other four tucked inside and when needed during a wrestling match, they POP out for the attack. Think Alien movies. After much wrangling the medicine is finally in the ears and unfortunately all over me as well. Then the pouting and planning for revenge against mama begins. And unfortunately for me and T, it will all have to be played out the next day.

Oh how I love CATS! One of God’s finer creations.

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

You are so funny with your alien cats...They all hate me but Polly so I agree with your assessment of their evilness. lol