Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So...You Want To Be a Farmer


I live on a small farm in northwest Georgia. We have 10 +- cats, a dog, several chickens of all ages and some of the cutest pheasant chicks. More of God’s fine, fine work. We both work full time for someone else. Hopefully, that will change for me in a very short time.

We try to grow veggies in a natural kind of way, but what we really are good at growing is weeds. Does anyone know of a market for weeds? I think we grow some of the finest in the country. They grow all year long and are very prolific. Ya just can’t kill the varieties we grow.
We have what they call here in Georgia “cow vines”. You can’t kill these suckers. If you get too close they snake a viney limb out in your direction and BAM, they have you wrapped up and begging for your life. I have injected Roundup directly into their flexible green bodies and they have laughed at me! Yes, that’s right, they laughed at me. I ran for my life. The cat wasn’t so lucky.

So if any of you out in blogland would like to have some of these babies for security purposes around your house, just let me know and I will be happy to share the wealth.

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I have some of those same variety but they are called Morning Glories. Be grateful I never brought you any. My poor Savannah girl is completely covered..

I'm proud you are blogging..:))