Sunday, September 7, 2008

Secret Service at Wal-Mart??

I had to make a run to W--M--- today. Sigh.. It is usually such a pain to shop there and today was no exception. So many people for a Sunday when the Falcons and NASCAR were both on tv.

Most of the time the strangest thing you will see at the big store is someone wearing pajamas and wearing fuzzy bunny slippers. But today was different. I found out the Secret Service works for W-M!

I was in the sock dept. when I first noticed the little dude hiding behind one of the columns there. He didn't have on the usual dk. blue polo shirt with Wal-Mart Thanks for Shopping With Us on it. It was a white polo shirt with Wal-Mart Thanks for Shoplifting With Us on it. He was even equipped with a little headset and mic and he was obviously spying on someone. I looked, but couldn't tell who was doing something that required such watching.

I picked out my socks while watching the drama unfold. I mean this is a small town in Georgia and rarely anything exciting happens. I needed to pick up a few eats so I headed for the main aisle toward the baby dept. Low and behold 007 was heading the same way! Again, I could not see anyone doing anything more than looking at onesies, but then again I am not a trained spy. This guy obviously knew what he was doing. I swear I could barely tell any difference between him and the columns he kept jumping behind.

Things started picking up as I came to the cereal aisle. There were two spies now! Both equipped with the latest in communication fashion. The woman was hiding behind a display of beef jerkey and the dude was running down the drink aisle. What the heck had these people done to deserve such viewing pleasure?

Then I spotted the objects of their desire...three women, they had a cart that was three-fourths full and they were still throwing things in it. Maybe it was the way they were standing 5 feet from the cart and throwing the long loaves of garlic bread into it that had the attention of the future guards of the president, or maybe it was the way they were spreading out to each pick up some of their needs. I still didn't see the problem. I shop that way myself when I have the grandkids with me. Does that mean that these Barney Fifes had been watching me as well?

By the time I rounded the produce section, the riot squad had grown to four and they were all very interested in rearranging the frozen entree section and making sure all of the potatoes were correctly oriented as they covertly talked into their high tech mics. The bad, bad women continued to throw stuff into their cart.

I was in the checkout line when I last saw the three women, with a full cart of goodies by this time. One of the wannabe cops was then re-organizing a rack of women's shirts. By the time these three industrious shoppers leave, this will be the most organizied W-M in the country.

Just for the record, I never saw these women stuff anything down their pants and they weren't carrying any big totes or handbags. Frankly, I don't know where they would have hidden anything, They had on skin tight shorts and tops. Trust me, if they had shoved a can of beanie-weanies in their attire, it would have been seen.

My shopping trip was over and I will always remember this exciting trip to our local friendly W-M. I bet your Sunday wasn't this memorable!

1 comment:

Sis said...

A mutual friend (Sandra) shared your site with me and I was thrilled and especially at this one. I, too, enjoy blogging as life can be so entertaining at times, can't it? Thanks for the laughs. Keep up your great blogs. Kathy R-P