Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So Far Behind..So Much To Write

I have been very negligent in writing and I do apologize. As you will see below, I have a pretty good reason. Well, really its not a very good reason but its my blog and I'm sticking to it!
We know you are not suppose to get a new pet before the holidays but we had no control over when the mama gave birth. AND, before I receive all sorts of negative comments from you PETA types, let me assure you that I firmly believe that you should pick a pet that is homeless. We have done that our whole lives. All of our 11 cats were either strays or came from the shelter. The reason this puppy is different is that he is a guard dog. He was bred for that reason alone. No, he is not a vicious guard dog. He bonds with everyone we introduce him to. He bonds with the cats and with our one existing dog. The reason we chose his breed is he can take on a coyote. If you have been reading my blog, you know the trouble we have had with them. They have even come in to the yard and bit my dog! That really made me mad..I dont think this dog could handle a pack of coyotes alone, but they usually sneak around looking for the one chickie that has strayed too far into the woods. Hopefully this dog will help.
And now let me introduce... Ranger. He is an Anatolian Shepherd and will grow to anywhere between 150-170 pounds. So I squeeze him whenever he lets me!


He seems to always look grumpie!



How can anyone resist a face like this!



Going to bed. Goodnight all.


All of my critters and I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

He's a beautiful puppy--can't wait to see what he looks like when he grows up :-)

Sandra said...

Thank you! Of course I will keep you posted to all the training, training, and of course, more training. :o)