Thursday, January 1, 2009

One More Family Christmas

The last Christmas gathering was with my brother and his family. They are in north Tennessee. God's country. What more can I say. I grew up on this farm and now my brother owns it. He has cattle on it now. Everytime I go to visit, I am flooded with the memories of growing up there. Bitter sweet.



My SIL coordinates the colors on the tree and the wrapping paper and bows. Too much time on her hands. LOL

Decorated shed.

My Brother and SIL. Just great people.

Niece and her man. Both were raised right.

Niece, cousin and my man. More great people.

This is my welcome to the new year. Can you see the size of the puppy's feet? He is 9 weeks old and has feet bigger than my 3 year old blue healer! He is going to be a hoss!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. Blessings to all of you. I am going to try to hold the house together!

3 comments:

Donna said...

That's a pretty country scene....where in TN do they live? My Mom and Dad grew up in Hickman, TN----kinda in the middle of the state.

Sandra said...

Actually, Hickman is about 1 hour from our farm. I am from Hermitage Springs, about halfway between Celina and Red Boiling Springs. Do you know where that is?

Donna said...

Can't say that I'm familiar with those...Mom might remember (on a good day). There was or still is: Gordonsville, Lancaster, Carthage, Sykes?...just a whole bunch of lil ole towns.